KEMET Tower | Consulate of Sweden | 1 East Broward Blvd, Third Floor | Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301

Services for Swedes in Florida

Swedish citizens living in the US can apply for a new passport year round at the Swedish Embassy in Washington DC or the General Consulate in New York. You need to make an appointment on
Emergency Passports

A temporary passport can be issued at the Consulate by appointment should your Swedish passport get lost, stolen or be expired. Please contact us to make an appointment.

Application of Coordination Number and Registration of Name

If you want to apply for a Swedish passport for your son or daughter born in the U.S. you first need to apply for a coordination number (samordningsnummer), which is similar to a personal number.The application is free of charge and can be filed at the Consulate by appointment only.

Life Certificate (levnadsintyg)
The Consulate will notarize these documents.

Other Services
We can assist you by notarizing documents from Swedish Authorities, issue reports of deaths abroad, and guide you thru the Swedish governmental system. We are also able to provide emergency assistance. In addition, we promote cooperation between Sweden and the U.S. and collaborate with other Swedish organizations in Florida.

For general information and online forms please visit

U.S. Visa information
Information regarding U.S. visas and permanent residence cards (green cards)is available from U.S. authorities.